Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Swagbucks: Is It Worth It?



I've been doing the math.


I earn about 10 Swagbuck points per day.  That is 300 per month, minimum.

At this rate, I can achieve my goal of obtaining the Paypal cash of $25 in about 11 months.

My first inclination is to quit Swagbucks.  BUT then  I wonder.  It takes me less than a minute to earn those 10 points.  I do the daily poll for 1 point and a simple search which usually yields 8-11 points.

The math: 

1 min/day

30 min/month

11 months to earn $25. 

11 months x 30 min/month = 330 min for $25

330 min = 5.5 hours

$25 / 5.5 hrs = $4.55/hr

Less than minimum wage for the United States.

Is this worth it? (Stick with me here.)

Yes and no.  

When I do the math, no.  Really, who wants to earn $4.55 / hr? 

Actually, many Internet marketers and online entrepreneurs make less than that for the first 2 years. 

So, in hindsight.  One minute a day to earn what I wouldn't otherwise is a fair trade.  And I can say, Swagbucks is pretty generous with their points compared to what I have attempted in the past.  And it is fun and easy.

My numbers are based on the minimum points.  I do usually earn more.  AND if I get people under me, which I do, the potential to earn more rises.

What do you think?

Would you like to join Swagbucks too?  Do you have 1 minute a day to spare?






No comments:

Post a Comment